Many of the students have a dream to join Indian Defence Services but it is not an easy task you must
Crack the exam and interview for that you need a good tutor, Career Success Jammu is the best defence coaching in Jammu.
The teachers at Career Success Jammu help defence coaching students with unique teaching method which helps the student to clear their concept and doubt easily. We are not only focusing on offline classes but also provide online study material, recorded videos eBooks and many more. There are special doubt clearing sessions organized for students in order to clear all the problems that they might encounter in the real exam scenario.
A graduate candidate can choose a career in the Army, Air Force, Navy, and Indian Coast Guard. And Undergraduate students can apply for NDA, Air Force, and Navy entrance examination while graduates can apply for CDS, AFCAT, and others.
The best defence coaching classes at Career Success Jammu makes it easy for a student to bring out the best in them.
List of Defence Services Career Options
- Army: This is a land-based and the largest armed services of India
- Airforce: Aerial Armed Services
- Navy: Sea Force
- Others: There are various other options in defence services such as Coast Guards, Directorate General of Defence Estate, Controller General of Defence Accounts, Military Engineering Services, Board Road Organization and more.
List of Competitive Examinations for Defence Services:
The Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) conducts various competitive examination for recruitment in Defence Services:-
1. National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination:
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts NDA and Indian Naval Academy Course. There are three wings for the NDA examination Army, Air Force, Navy and Naval Academy of National Defence Academy. This examination is conducted twice a year. It is conducted in two phases:- Written Test and SSB Interview.
Here are the important points towards the admission in NDA.
- Eligibility Criteria:
- Education Criteria– Candidates must have passed class 12th examination in order to be eligible for NDA army examinations. For Airforce and the Naval Academy of NDA, candidates must have passed class 12th exam, Physics & Mathematics compulsory subjects.
- Age Limit: Candidates should be between the age of 16.5 years old to 19.5 years old.
- Medical Fitness: The whole examination is conducted to select mentally and physically fit minds. Therefore, a whole lot of importance is given to medical reports. One will have to produce relevant certificates of the same.
2. Combined Defense Service (CDS) Examination
This is yet another very important defence examination. It is meant for the graduates. UPSC conducts this examination twice a year. Students on clearing this test get opportunities in Indian Military Academy/Air Force Academy and Naval Academy for Permanent Commission and Officers Training Academy (OTA) for Short Service Commission.
- Eligibility Criteria: In order to appear for the CDSE exam, candidates will have to first fulfil the eligibility criteria of CDSE. It is described below:-
- Education Criteria– A candidate must be a graduate or should be appearing for the final year exams.
- Age Limit– for different positions, the age limit differs between 19 to 25 yrs
3. The Short Service Commission (Technical) Entry Scheme
Candidates who clear the required test and interview process are selected for the Officers Training Academy (OTA), in Chennai.
- Eligibility Criteria: Candidates who have passed the requisite Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of Engineering Degree course are eligible to apply.
This examination is conducted exclusively for admission in Indian Air Force. There are various domains in IAF one can apply for. These are described as follows:-
- Eligibility Criteria: It is described as follows:-
- Age – 20 to 24 years (at the time of commencement of course). The upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxed up to 26 years (at the time of commencement of course).
- Nationality – Indian
- Marital Status – Single
- Gender – Men and Women.
- Educational Qualifications
- Minimum of 60% marks each in Maths and Physics at 10+2 level.
- Graduates (Three Year Course) in any discipline from a recognised University who have attained minimum 60% marks or equivalent.
- BE/B Tech (Four Year Course) from a recognised university with minimum 60% marks or equivalent.
- Those who clear Section A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India). The Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
Frequently Ask Question:
Q1. What is the scope of research in Defence services?
A1. DRDO: Defence Research and Development Organisation is the organization where you can make career in research.
Q2. How does one get recruited for Indian Air Force?
A2. There is two main exam conducts by the Air Force so one get recruit through AFCAT or NDA
Q3. What are various specializations in IAF?
A3. This examination opens opportunities in various designations such as Indian Air Force as Airmen, Medical officers, Commissioned officers (Ground Duty Non-Technical), Engineers (Ground Duty Technical), Medical Professionals, Managers, Educational officers, and others.
Q4. I am interested in the Quality Assurance domain in the defence. What are the career prospects of the same?
A4. Director-General of Quality Assurance offers a great opportunity in this field. The starting salary of this job is around Rs 30,000/- As one progresses, they start getting increments in their salary.
Q6. What are the important career prospects in the Indian army?
A6. Languages like French, Sanskrit and Arabic are taught in this field. It really assists the department in improving their communication skills and assists them in sharing their ideas across.
Q8. What is the eligibility criteria for B.Tech/BE graduates to appear for the AFCAT exam?
A8. Graduates (Three Year Course) in any discipline from a recognized University who have attained minimum 60% marks or equivalent.